As many of us head back into lockdown, or are faced with tightening social distancing restrictions, we’re faced with a winter ahead that may seem longer than usual. And because going out isn’t an option, we’ll be spending plenty of cozy nights at home. That means movie nights–and lots of them!
We love cuddling up on the sofa with a warm blanket and a great film on, and of course, a movie night wouldn’t be complete without some yummy snacks. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite nutritious treats to munch on–and we think you’ll love them, too!
Let’s get cozy:
Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup rosemary
1/4 cup parmesan
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat.
2. Once hot, add the popcorn kernels and shake the pot to coat.
3. Continue to shake the pot every 30 seconds or so.
4. Once the popcorn starts to pop, put the lid on. Continue to shake regularly.
5. Meanwhile, grate the cheese and roughly chop the rosemary.
6. Once the popping has slowed to a few seconds between pops, remove from the heat.
7. Add the cheese, salt, and rosemary to the popcorn. Shake well to coat.
Chocolate-Dipped Pear Crisps
Crushed mixed nuts
- Heat oven to 160˚C / 320˚F
- Slice pear into thin slices
- Lay flat on baking tray, and bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway
- Turn off the oven and remove the pear slices when they have dried out and turned golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler on the stove, mixing occasionally
- Dip the pear slices into the melted chocolate until half of each slice is covered. Sprinkle the chocolate dipped ends with the crushed nuts (pecans, walnuts, or almonds are delicious!) and place on waxed paper. Chill in the fridge for about 5 minutes until set.
Oven-Baked Pita Chips
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees F/200 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with waxed baking paper.
- Cut each pita into 8 triangles. Using a pastry brush, brush on EVOO and sprinkle with sesame seeds and sea salt to taste.
- Arrange pita triangles of the baking sheet. Bake until crisp and golden brown, usually about 5-10 minutes.
- Allow chips to cool, serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
Pair these pita chips with one of our easy hummus recipes.
Nutty Rice Krispie Treats
1/3 cup natural peanut (or almond) butter
1/4 maple syrup
3-4 cups rice crisp cereal
- Melt nut butter and maple syrup in the microwave at half power, or over low heat.
- Mix in rice cereal with a wooden spoon, and stir thoroughly until fully combined.
- Spread into parchment-lined pan. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and slice into bars.
If you try any of these recipes, snap a pic and share it with us, or tag us over on Instagram! We love to see what you’re up to. For more easy & healthy recipe inspiration, download the free Baby2Body App.