Cozy Friedman, founder of SoCozy, is taking over the blog today and sharing some of her top tips for baby’s hair care and how to manage when your little one has a fussy scalp.
Giveaway Alert! We’re teaming up with SoCozy to bring one lucky winner a gorgeous collection of goodies. Check out our Instagram for more giveaway details on what you can win, and how to enter!
Twenty-two years ago, I opened the doors of the first children’s hair salons in New York City.
Since then, it’s been a whirlwind – from publishing my own book, Cozy’s Complete Guide to Girls’ Hair, to appearing on the Today Show, and of course, creating my own line of SoCozy haircare products.
One thing that hasn’t changed, is listening to my customers to determine what the next wave of SoCozy products is going to be. I’ve heard it all from parents and created products that addressed their needs – from bed head, knots, lice, unruly curls – if mom has a problem, we have a solution.
So, for the newest additions to the SoCozy line, I tackled a subject that I’ve been hearing about in my salon for years – sensitive scalps. You know what I’m talking about – the redness, the itchiness and the dreaded flakes! I decided it was finally time to bottle up a solution. Enter: the SoCozy Hush collection.
After doing my homework, I discovered there was a huge disconnect between a significant number of moms who expect safe & gentle ingredients in the products they choose for their little ones and the number of products in the baby aisle that contain at least one irritating ingredient. That’s why every product in the Hush range is formulated with our proprietary ingredient blend of gentle, clean ingredients.
Not only do these ingredients help nurture, treat, and protect – they work together to improve and maintain the optimal environment for healthy hair and scalp.
Let me introduce you to our little miracle workers:
- Defenscalp (Rose Bay Extract):
- Defenscalp is clinically proven to rebalance the scalp and reduce the appearance of flakes – plus it’s derived from plants
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice:
- Relieves the scalp of redness, itching and inflammation
- Vitamin B5
- Gives hair and scalp much needed moisture and makes detangling and brushing a breeze
- Bisabol (Chamomile)
- Promotes healthy hair growth and soothes the scalp
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract
- Helps dry & itchy skin
- Soothes, softens and protects the skin
We chose these ingredients because they work together to help address the key contributors to scalp sensitivity, by:
- Optimizing pH levels
- Restoring the skins moisture barrier
- Normalizing sebum production
We’re not just treating the problem on the surface, we’re tackling the problem at its root. That’s why it’s so important to use a complete regimen of products to treat sensitive scalps. Think of it this way – you wouldn’t go a day without brushing your child’s teeth, right? The same goes for taking care of your little one’s skin and scalp. If you’re not treating the problem consistently, you won’t see results.
Another important tip to remember is that not all products play nicely with each other. If you’re mixing and matching products in your quest to relieve your little one’s fussy scalp – you might be making it worse. Using products designed to work together means you’re continually reaping the healing & soothing benefits of the ingredients.
So, what should your tub time routine be? It couldn’t be easier:
1. Start by washing hair with Hush Sensitive 2in1. The gentle scrubbing brush is perfect for lifting away those stubborn flakes and stimulating oxygen flow to the scalp. Plus, your kids won’t be able to get enough of the scrubber brush, trust me!
2. After bath time, use the Hush Sensitive Scalp Serum to further relieve your little one from fussy scalp symptoms. This Serum is a game changer! Unlike other products that can only be applied once or twice a day – you can use Hush Serum all day for added relief. Plus, it leaves behind no greasy residue!
3. If you’re little ones have longer hair, use the Hush Sensitive Detangler to work through knots. It’s formulated with plenty of slip to make detangling a breeze, plus its packed with soothing ingredients.
4. For styling longer or shorter tufts, use our Sensitive Styling Foam. You don’t have to be afraid to style – our Sensitive Styling Foam leaves behind no irritating build-up or residue.
Hush your little one’s fussy scalps – shop the Hush collection on Amazon & take $1 off through the end of October.
Cozy Friedman founded the first children’s hair salon in New York City and she remains at the helm of SoCozy – a company dedicated to creating haircare formulas for kids that areclean, non-toxic and deliver great results every time.
Featured image credit: Chanelmovingforward