Summer sun in your forecast? We’ve compiled some of our favorite accessories this season that are sure to suit you whether you’re planning for pregnancy, already pregnant, or a new mama! Check them out below…
The Summer Accessory Edit
1. Visors are full on this summer and for good reason! They’re perfect for grabbing some extra shade on your face to prevent chloasma – aka the ‘mask of pregnancy’ – and they’re so easy to pack when going away on holiday. We love this Shimmered Straw Visor that combines style and functionality.
2. Bring on the palms! This palm-printed wristlet will do the trick when you want to hit the beach without your full purse in tow, and these gorgeous Vicenza Palm Print Slides (Sold out) are a great way to add a bit of flair to your look. Sold out alternative.
3. Looking for the perfect tote? This option from Ralph Lauren is chic enough for the city streets yet durable enough for a day at the beach. We personally love the seaglass color available here – but the dark chocolate and natural options are equally as stunning (and they’re both on SALE)!
4. Flowy dresses are a definite must as the temps keep rising, and the best part is, you can transition any dresses you wore (or are wearing) during pregnancy into your new mom wardrobe with the help of a simple waist belt. We love the understated elegance of this Gucci leather belt, but if you’re on the hunt for more affordable options, we also love this one from Kate Spade, this one from Oscar de la Renta (60% off!), and this one from Express.
5. If you’ve got a burgeoning baby bump you will rejoice over these Seychelles platform sandals – because it’s an easy way to get a boost of height without teetering on your tiptoes. We seriously love these sandals (and may or may not have a few pairs in several colors), so we highly recommend. What’s more, Seychelles always delivers on comfort, and this pair does not disappoint in that department.
6. We’ve also been into seasonable prints – from palm fronds to cacti – and so we were quickly drawn to this Skinny Italian Silk Scarf in Lemon print (Sold out). With more than 7 different ways to wear it, we’re pretty sure the skinny scarf will become a staple this summer. Sold out alternative.
7. Get your cat eyes on and some good ol’ sun protection while you’re at it with these Sunglasses from Diff Eyewear. The marbled look and statement silhouette make for the perfect summer shades.
8. We started this list with a hat, so we might as well end with one too. For a more classic look – we love this Panama Hat from Madewell x Biltmore (Sold out), which you can easily pair with almost any outfit. Sold out alternative.
Remember, your best accessory this summer is proper sun protection! Make sure you’re covered from head to toe with SPF that is proven to protect your delicate skin – and your baby’s! We recommend Bare Republic’s Mineral Baby Sunscreen – perfect for the both of you and approved by The EWG.
Want more more beauty and fashion tips to suit your style mama? Check out our free ios app!