Some people would argue that we’ve seen it all with skincare. BB, CC, DD and even EE creams have popped up on counters and displays over the last few years, and beauty brands are constantly harking on at us to try the latest pioneering ingredients with hi-tech formulas and incredibly ambitious claims.
At Baby2Body, whilst we are all for enhancing the complexion, we still believe in sticking to products that feature natural ingredients, that will care for and protect your skin. Chemical binders and shelf-life extenders are a reality of the manufacturing process, but that doesn’t mean they do a great job of shielding the delicate skin on your face. We’ve found a selection of seven revolutionary ingredients, that feature in some fantastic skincare products we would gladly recommend to our new and nearly moms. They place importance on hard-working, natural and safe ingredients, without compromising on efficacy. Enjoy!
1. Blue Tansy – Kahina Giving Beauty Lip & Face Balm. This ingredient, otherwise known as Moroccan Chamomile, is a godsend for those who suffer from rosacea, pigmentation problems or skin that’s hyper-sensitive. Blue Tansy is an anti-inflammatory, and will work hard to reduce redness and puffiness, without leaving the skin feeling tight and uncomfortable. We love Kahina’s multi-purpose velvety balm, and because 97.57% of the ingredients are organically sourced, you know you won’t be applying any nasties to your skin.
2. Kombucha – Murad Pore & Line Minimising Hydrator. Kombucha – or fermented tea – has been known for centuries as the ‘champagne of life’ for the way it powerfully boosts the immune system and revitalises the skin. In essence, it’s an intensively hydrating yeast that smooths lines and reduces the appearance of dull, lifeless complexions. The Murad Minimising Hydrator blurs over pores and preps skin for makeup, meaning your skin looks radiant, bright and energised.
3. Hazelnut Oil – Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil. As a true beauty fanatic, I’ve tried hundreds of serums, oils and facial treatments aimed at balancing acne-prone, oily and combination skin. My favourite, however, has to be this one from Clarins. It’s a genuine miracle worker – it reduces sebum build-up, it balances a stressed t-zone, and gives skin a healthy glow without looking shiny. The hazelnut oil is the key ingredient here: it prevents moisture loss, meaning your skin won’t be overloaded with oil to compensate for a stripped complexion, and it gives this treatment a lovely light texture that absorbs immediately.
4. Chia Oil – Perricone MD Chia Serum. One of the trendiest ingredients around right now is the humble chia seed. This nutrient-rich seed is packed with B-vitamins, and is one of the richest sources of vegetable omega-3 fatty acids. This Perricone MD serum will plump up sagging areas and reduce fine lines by intensively hydrating parched, dry skin.
5. Pumpkin Seed – MyChelle Incredible Pumpkin Peel. I’m always on the hunt for a new favourite face mask to help battle acne, blackheads and those horrible under-the-skin pimples that always seem to overstay their welcome. How rude. This MyChelle peel uses the power of the pumpkin’s fruit enzymes to exfoliate and renew the complexion. The enzymes eat away dead, dull skin and reveal a glowing complexion underneath. It’s like magic!
6. Tamanu Oil – MooGoo Cold-Pressed Tamanu Oil. One of our favourite brands at Baby2Body is MooGoo. Their new treatment oil features the powerful healing properties of tamanu, one of the most potent natural ingredients around. It promotes the healing of scarred tissue, and helps new skin to grow and develop. It can also be used to treat nappy rash, psoriasis and other common skin ailments. I would recommend those with pockmarks or severe acne scarring to apply this as an evening treatment and allow it to absorb overnight. The intensive formula will definitely help improve the appearance of damaged skin, meaning you’ll feel more skin confident!
7. Edelweiss Stem Cells – The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask. Have you seen clips of this mask in action on YouTube? You have to check it out – after finishing this blog post, of course! The Sound of Music probably had you thinking this little flower was just pretty to look at, but Edelweiss is known for its impressive ability to improve skin elasticity and moisture retention. This super-bouncy mask feels as light as air, and is a wonderful cream that sinks in and works its magic overnight, so you wake up with supple, nourished skin and a more youthful glow.
Let us know of any new skincare ingredients you’ve been trialling – and what you thought about our sensational seven!