It feels like summer is finally here, and with that comes the inevitable panic of getting ‘beach-body ready’. Being pregnant in these warmer months comes with its own limitations, and fitting into your pre-pregnancy summer wardrobe can be challenging. However, we have a couple of tips and tricks to make you feel comfortable and confident before, during and after your summer workout.
- Avoid exercise in a warm room with limited ventilation – make sure there’s a window open, or air conditioning to help regulate your body temperature.
- Keep a large bottle of water with you at all times – make sure to drink regularly, whether you’re circuit training, stretching or running. Drink breaks help to build your stamina and reduce fatigue.
- Wear light layers and cotton as much as you can.
- Have a pre and post workout smoothie or snack – choose something homemade and high-protein to reduce the chance of consuming, high-sugar, additive-laced calories.
- Take it slow and steady – if you feel faint – stop!
- Remember to breathe – maintaining a steady breathing rhythm will reduce lactic acid build up and help maintain your heart rate. Try inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth for five counts each.
- Early morning workouts are always best – they boost your metabolism, and because the sun is weaker than midday you’ll benefit from the cooler temperature.
- If you’re in your second or third trimester -avoid lying flat on your back when stretching or cooling down.
For more daily tips and ideas sign up for Baby2Body daily emails here!